Weight

It is only during a crisis, when you realise the burden of responsibility.
It is only during a crisis, that we understand that being responsible also means the loss of liberty.

Liberty is not free. It comes with a price.

People say that truth liberates. It doesn't.
It simple lets you see the bare, harshness of living.

There are joys to living, of course.
But it is such hard work.

People are scary creatures.
I've never quite learned how to handle them.

How I wish life were really simpler.
How I wish I didn't have the burden of truth.
Truth that liberty is a myth.
It only belongs to a handful of people who chooses to ignore responsibility, and to do it without guilt or remorse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me, myself, & I

Afterthoughts on "Old & New Masters from Antwerp" at the National Museum

Self-Centred