The Ocean at the End of the LaneThe Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I cannot quite describe how I felt after reading this. This is one of those books that intrigued, baffled, and annoyed me (because I could not make out how I felt about them). The story is dark, horrifying and amazing at the same time. You can never tell if the events really happened, or the boy has them all in his head. There are more questions than answers, but you are not so desperate to know what they are. One seems resigned to leave the story as-is at the end and quite content to move on. I can only say that it makes me want to read his other non-graphic novel works. I'm pretty certain it will lead me to the Ocean in my Toilet or The Rabbit Hole in my HDB Carpark.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me, myself, & I

Afterthoughts on "Old & New Masters from Antwerp" at the National Museum

Self-Centred