Funny how the "Big Guy" works.

I was stuck in a sudden downpour at lunch in Phuket. I would have missed my flight if the rain did not stop in the next 10 minutes. As I was sipping on my Coke, I thought it might be a good time to have a conversation with Him. (Incidentally, Siew and I were talking about religion as we were sipping away on tom yam.)

So, I spoke to Him first: Hey, say, pops. I really need to catch that flight. Can you stop the rain if I lit a candle for the Mum tonight? (Hmm... it looked like the rain drops turned a wee bit lighter.)

And again: How about if I went to Mass this Sunday? Please, pretty please? (Ahah! It seems to have turned from a downpour to an every-day tropical rain.)

At this point It felt like one of those pricing negotiations in my software sales days: Okay. Here's the deal. I'll read 5 books from the OT.... (Turning to a trickle now... wow...)

And... : And I'll throw in St John??!!?? (And suddenly, I had my very own parting-of-the-red-sea moment: The rain stopped.)

Never, never bargain with the Big Guy. You really don't know what will happen.

Guess I am attending Mass this Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me, myself, & I

Afterthoughts on "Old & New Masters from Antwerp" at the National Museum

Self-Centred